SPR Service (Biacore)
Analysis of the interaction between two different molecules can be extremely important at many different stages of the drug development process.
Total Scientific have scientists experienced in the use of surface plasmon resonance (SPR). SPR can be used to determine the specificity, affinity, kinetic and/or thermodynamic characteristics of the interaction of proteins with a variety of partners such as small molecules, nucleic acids, other proteins including antibodies and even intact cells; in fact, almost any molecular interaction between two molecules if one of the partners can be coated onto the surface of the sensor chip.
We perform these analyses using a Biacore T200 (GE). This is a versatile system with exceptional sensitivity and precision that can provide comprehensive information in real time and without the use of labels.
SPR can be used for a wide range of different purposes including:
- research to define structure/function relationships.
- understanding the dynamics of molecular pathways and to help select better tools, e.g. antibodies, based on binding properties.
- screening, identification, characterisation and selection of therapeutic candidates.
- quality control procedures during manufacturing.
- transferring an existing assay from another platform (such as ELISA) on to SPR technology.
The Biacore T200 we use is housed and maintained in an open access facility on the Babraham Research Campus. This instrument can only be accessed and used after being trained and certified by GE.
Please contact us for a no obligation discussion about how our SPR service may be able to assist your studies.